Obtain CE Credits Through the Office of Professional Excellence
Welcome! We look forward to you joining us for one of our upcoming events. This page provides an overview of receiving your CE credits through CSSW-OPE. Please see the specific CE approvals and information found on each event’s registration page listed under Events.
Columbia School of Social Work is approved to provide CE credits to the following disciplines and jurisdiction. Please click here to request CEs for your discipline if not listed below. We will be assessing other disciplines to expand to in the future based upon the feedback received.
- CSSW is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers. Provider #SW‐0021
- Jurisdictions: NY, NJ, and CT licensed social workers will receive CEs. Licensed social workers from other states, please confirm with your state licensing board. Columbia University School of Social Work is a CSWE accredited institution and many states have recognized our CE hours!
Mental Health Counselors
- CSSW is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. Provider #MHC-0137
- Jurisdictions: NY licensed mental health counselors will receive CEs. Licensed mental health counselors from other states, please confirm with your state licensing board.
- CSSW- OPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists. Provider #PSY-0194.
- Jurisdictions: NY licensed psychologists will receive CEs. Psychologists from other states, please confirm with your state licensing board.
Please note that in order to receive your CE certificate, you must attend the full workshop and complete the evaluation in accordance with NYSED regulations. Please plan accordingly to log-in/arrive on time and remain for the duration of the event. There is a 10 minute grace period at the start OR end of the webinar- no more than 10 minutes total can be missed. Participants who do not meet the attendance requirements will not receive a CE certificate or refund.
An email with the evaluation link and certificate verification form will be sent to the email you registered with. See event’s registration page for specific information on when you will receive your CE certificate.