Who We Are
- A leading professional development program dedicated to supporting and empowering lifelong learners and their organizations
- An approved CE provider for social workers and mental health counselors
What We Do
- Provide innovative workshops with a focus on skill acquisition and application
- Foster professional networking among social workers and their interdisciplinary colleagues
How We Do It
- Connect attendees with world-class instructors presenting on topics relevant across micro and macro practice levels
- Offerings that guide attendees’ skill development and implementation of theory and evidence-based models
As the translational arm of the Columbia School of Social Work mission, the Office of Professional Excellence supports the professional development of the 21st-century social worker while expanding the field’s influence across disciplines. To that end, OPE develops high quality and relevant programming that
- Promotes innovation within the field of social work using a power, race, oppression and privilege (PROP) framework.
- Disseminates research and best practices, along with guidance for their application in the field.
- Brings social work values of service, social justice, integrity, and competence to the professional world at large.
- Supports social workers and related professionals in meeting the continuing education requirements for maintaining their license post graduation.
Equips social workers and related professionals with the knowledge and skills to be leaders of change in their areas of specialty.